You must be a current member of HSPC to vote (membership paid between 10/2020 – now). If you are unsure if you are a member, email for verification by clicking here.
The Humane Society of Pulaski County’s Board of Directors is a group of devoted individuals who volunteer their time to help promote the mission of the HSPC and advocate for the organization. Due to the pandemic, the annual election for directors and officers is being conducted via email and mail. You may download the ballot here:
All ballots must be received by October 1, 2021. You may submit the ballot via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the following address:
Attn: Board Secretary
14600 Colonel Glenn Road
Little Rock, AR 72210
Directors shall serve a term of three (3) years and the term of office for all officers shall be one (1) year. Learn more about each candidate below:
- Victor Balch is new to the Board of the Directors and has been a dedicated volunteer for the HSPC for several years. Victor spends a lot of his time working with the shelter dogs in the greatest need of socialization, training, and behavioral work. Victor also enjoys taking videos of adoptable animals to help showcase their personalities and find them loving homes. We are thrilled and grateful to welcome Victor to the Board of Directors!
- Arjay Hill is a current director and is willing to serve in this position for another term. Arjay has been a volunteer for the HSPC for many years and previously served as Board Treasurer. Arjay manages the summer dog washes for the HSPC, which we hope to be able to reinstate next year. Arjay is an exceptional photographer and has volunteered his photography skills to various fundraisers and special events for the HSPC. Arjay has photographed dozens of shelter animals over the years and many of those beautiful photos are featured at our shelter.
- Alexis Leidigh is a current director and current Board Secretary and is willing to serve in these positions for additional terms. Alexis is a Regulatory Compliance Manager for a telecommunications company and a long-term volunteer for the HSPC. She enjoys working with the animals at the HSPC and taking shelter dogs on outings away from the shelter. Giving these dogs a chance to see and explore the world is a wonderful form of enrichment and helps to acclimate the dogs to riding in the car and improve their social and leash walking skills. Alexis also works on various fundraising events such as Reigning Cats and Dogs and Pet Photos with Santa.
- Lyn Owens is a current director and is willing to serve in this position for another term. Lyn is a long-term volunteer for the HSPC and previously served as Board President and Board Vice President. Lyn enjoys helping with fundraisers and has chaired the annual Reigning Cats and Dogs event as well as serving on the HSPC Day Planner committee for many years. Lyn brings a passion for animal welfare and extensive nonprofit knowledge, which will help lead the HSPC into the future.
- Debbie Howell is the current Board President and she is willing to serve in this position for another term. Debbie is a retired theatre teacher and a dedicated, long-term volunteer for the HSPC. Debbie is passionate about animal welfare and works tirelessly for the HSPC and to better the lives of those who don’t have a voice to speak for themselves. As part of her many contributions, Debbie chairs the annual Reigning Cats and Dogs fundraiser, prepares the bi-annual newsletters and assists with adoptions and special adoption events at the shelter. Debbie has also led the organization through the many challenges presented by the pandemic and oversaw the building improvements completed at the shelter this year.
- Troy Brazile has served as a director since 2015 and is willing to step into the role of Board Vice President. Troy is the Director of Information Technology at Inuvo and has fostered over 100 animals to date for the HSPC. He is the former coordinator of our neonatal and senior foster programs and was instrumental in developing these programs for the HSPC. In 2018, Troy attended an apprenticeship at the Canine Good Citizen Ready Program at Austin Pets Alive in Austin, TX. He then implemented a 100% volunteer-led training program for shelter dogs and teaches group classes to adopters based on the AKC Canine Good Citizen curriculum. Troy is a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) and AKC Certified Evaluator.
- Steve Schulte is the current Board Treasurer and is willing to serve in this position for another term. Steve is an attorney with the Schulte Law Firm and President of FirstStaff, a staffing company with several offices in Arkansas. Steve is a strong believer in community involvement and has also held positions with other organizations including the Central Arkansas Human Resource Association (CAHRA) and the Arkansas SHRM State Council. Steve brings valuable experience and knowledge to the Board of Directors particularly with his expertise in financial and legal matters.
Shelter and Business Office Address
Humane Society of Pulaski County
14600 Colonel Glenn Road
Little Rock, AR 72210